At Just. we are recruiting for our future and we currently have an exciting opportunity to join our Reporting & Analysis team as an Assistant Actuary on a permanent basis from our London office. You will report on a daily basis to the Reporting & Analysis Actuary.
The main purpose of the role will be to lead the delivery of the Group’s actuarial reporting requirements including Solvency II, IFRS, EV and risk-based capital metrics. You will also enhance the delivery of actuarial aspects of business planning and prepare management information where required. This will lead the delivery of actuarial analysis to support the objectives of the Finance, ALM, Capital and Investment teams and aid key decision making throughout the business.
We are looking for a nearly or newly Qualified Actuary who possess strong verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to present complex financial concepts in a clear and concise manner.
You’ll have had previous exposure to reporting processes with good leadership & influencing skills. You will also need excellent problem solving and resolution skills and good knowledge of insurance products and markets in order to understand business process and the products we offer.
Day to day as an Assistant Actuary
• Produce Group actuarial reports and relevant analysis, including IFRS, Solvency I, Solvency II, economic capital and MCEV, and deliver reinsurer reporting requirements in line with Group treaties
• Produce business projections, including scenarios and stress testing to support business planning, forecasting and risk management processes, the Group’s risk capital metrics and other relevant actuarial management information as required
• Review of methodologies and assumptions deployed in actuarial systems used to fulfil the team’s objectives. To develop and improve the modelling methodologies and reporting tools used and test reporting tools developed by the IT function and Actuarial Systems team.
• To represent the team and provide actuarial expertise to define actuarial requirements on projects and other change programme initiatives
• To support the development of responses to requests from the UK regulator and other third parties
• To operate a robust control framework for the production of results including maintaining appropriate documentation and compliance with relevant requirements (including TASs)
Skills we are looking for
• Nearly or newly Qualified Actuary
• Good problem analysis and resolution skills
• Good verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to present complex financial concepts in a clear and concise manner
• Good understanding of the products and services provided by the Group
• Detailed working knowledge of relevant business processes
• Understanding of people resource requirements
• Knowledge of insurance products and markets
• Experience of decision-making, able to assess materiality of issues and determine appropriate course of action
• Experience of Actuarial modelling software