This is a newly created permanent role of Procurement Manager reporting within Group Services (COO Division). You will be joining a team that will be working closely on a number of exciting developments across the whole business, assisting the Group in spending money more wisely and assuring we get the best value for money from our services and suppliers. You’ll forge new relationships, working closely with colleagues from Finance, Just Delivery, HUB and more.
It is expected that you will have the proven skills to provide specialist procurement and commercial advice and guidance, and to lead procurement activity to deliver the cost reduction and commercial programmes within the group.
• Ensuring that the company has a very clear strategy when purchasing goods and services
• Communicating on a regular basis with the most senior levels of the Group and at senior levels with external suppliers
• To lead on the review of third party costs and data on a quarterly basis
• To lead on the delivery of cost and efficiency savings by carrying out detailed complex Group wide spend analytics
• To support the delivery of cost and efficiency savings by analysing current spend information to develop procurement strategies and contract priorities
• Responsible for providing procurement and business planning advice, on a daily basis to business units and the Group
• Provide support and guidance on product/service trials, reporting on activity, including carrying out research to determine alternatives available
• Lead on and carry out procurement audits for the quotations/tender process and present findings
Experience & Qualifications
You should have strong negotiation skills and a demonstrated sharp understanding of financial and commercial arrangements, especially with suppliers.
• MCIPS qualified or equivalent (or working towards qualification)
• Significant experience in procurement delivering high value complex procurements covering goods, services and works
• Experience of P2P systems and collation of data reports
• Experience of leading or supporting change management within the procurement field and delivering cost improvement and savings
• Financial Services experience is essential
Our Head office is based in the market town of Reigate in Surrey. We are easily accessible with public transport, with direct train links from London and only 2 miles from the M25.