We have a new position available for a BI Developer to join us in either our Reigate or London office.
As a BI Developer you will develop, support and maintain BI solutions in line with Just’s architectural vision, and in accordance with departmental project standards and practices, to enable the business to have the insight they need to make informed decisions.
o To develop high-quality bespoke data solutions using appropriate, industry-standard tools, technologies and languages. Aligned to the organizational target architecture and data strategy
o To ensure that high-quality documentation is developed, maintained, regularly reviewed and stored for all solutions developed
o To perform peer reviews of code and documentation in order to ensure that procedures and standards are followed consistently. Continuously work towards the objective of building in quality and provide appropriately tested solutions
o To contribute to the improvement of the code base, and project and development processes
Service Desk requests
o To act as second and third-line support in undertaking incidents assigned via Service Desk
o Actively participate and contribute to adoption of Agile practices
Release and Deployment
o Preparation of all release content and documentation, ensuring it is fit for purpose when required. Take an active role in continually improving deployment capability and maximising deployment reliability and quality in all environments
Examples of the day to day activities if you joined our team include:
• Addition of data sources to our Data Lake
• Changes and additions to our ETL processes
• Creation and maintenance of the DW
• Creation and maintenance of reports and dashboards
• Automated deployment of changes and development through our standards and processes
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
You will be an experienced Developer with strong knowledge of Microsoft development, test and project technologies.
You should have experience with IT development processes and delivery lifecycles; development methodology; release strategy and configuration management; development tools, and applications across full project lifecycles.
• Demonstrable skills in SQL Server 2012, 2016, T-SQL, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, DQS, MDS , Power BI
• Demonstrable skills in Data warehousing, data lakes and big data solutions
• Demonstrable experience within Microsoft applications and platforms
• A team player to proactively work in an Agile project environment
• An aptitude for data development and the ability to understand and manage complex concepts
• Knowledge or experience in Azure data platform would be strongly desirable