At Just we are recruiting for our future and we currently have an exciting opportunity to join our Actuarial Systems team as a Senior Actuarial Analyst on a permanent basis from our London office.
The Actuarial Systems team are responsible for the development and maintenance of the core Actuarial models and systems used in Group Actuarial for reporting and analysis. This includes implementation of business requirements necessary to support regulatory requirements, new products, reinsurance structures, management information and external reporting requirements. The primary skillset in the team is Actuarial, although strong IT skills are important as well as good communication and collaboration. The team operate an agile development approach and work closely with IT as well as the Actuarial users.
The team is evolving and expanding through implementing a new strategy introduced since our merger, and will widen the team’s remit to include development and support of downstream systems as well as responsibility for running models in production.
We are seeking a part-newly qualified Actuary with life insurance experience in order to support the development and maintenance of actuarial systems, models and tools used by the Actuarial Department.
You will support the implementation of approved business requirements necessary to support regulatory requirements, new products, reinsurance structures, management information and external reporting requirements.
Finally you’ll support the delivery of work designed to improve the robustness and efficiency of the Actuarial Department through process improvements, make system enhancements and implement an adequate control framework.
Skills we are looking for
- Part qualified Actuary
- Actuarial modelling software development experience required with experience in developing Actuarial models within Excel, VBA and VB.Net an advantage.
- Strong Actuarial expertise - background in Reporting, Pricing or Capital would be advantageous.
- Advanced Excel developer experience
- Excellent problem analysis and resolution skills
- Knowledge of insurance products and markets
- Some Experience in Actuarial modelling change projects and developing actuarial software may be advantageous
- Good technical and IT skills
- Moses / Monet / Prophet development experience is desirable
- Awareness of software development principles and Technical Actuarial Standards