At Just we’re a business full of ambition and we currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our HR team as a HR Adviser on a permanent basis from our Reigate office.
HR Advisers at Just provide key support to the HR Business Partners and the client group they support as well as being an important interface with the business.
The role of the HR Adviser is to guide, advise and support managers and employees on operational HR matters and propose / discuss appropriate solutions to all people-related and other business matters. You will be able to positively influence business decisions and processes using experience, knowledge and general commercial awareness to achieve positive solution focused outcomes.
Importantly, the role of an HR Adviser at Just is one that is always evolving and changing. Every business area and manager will require slightly different solutions and the HR Adviser is responsible for ensuring the actions taken are fair and appropriate, commercial, within the law and are right for Just.
You will be constantly learning from, challenging and questioning the HR Business Partners, will work closely and seek the advice and support of the specialist HR teams to ensure the most appropriate solutions are being deployed in the business. Requiring considerable self-investment, you needs to be informed and knowledgeable and have an understanding of the implications of alternative solutions.
You will work closely with the HR Operations team, support the HR Administration team, contribute to and feedback on key processes, understand the MI being analysed and provide support on HR projects.
Skills we are looking for
- To have some experience / knowledge in at least 2 of the areas below:
- Knowledge / experience in the key areas of employment law. Demonstrate how they keep their knowledge current.
- Good understanding of various aspects of Reward. Can demonstrate involvement (beyond administrative) in one or more of the Reward processes.
- Good understanding of performance management. Able to discuss the benefits of different approaches.
- Experience working with L&D teams to identify development requirements / input into the design of learning or development interventions.
- Culture and engagement – working under the guidance of other managers within HR (including the HR Business Partner) to provide support for corporate initiatives and for business-led initiatives.