At Just we are recruiting for our future and we currently have an exciting opportunities to join our UK Retail team as an Actuarial Analyst on a permanent basis from our Reigate office.
The main purpose of the role is to support the Actuaries across the whole team in fulfilling their day to day and project based accountabilities. You will support the management of existing propositions, carrying out analyses and implementing changes within the Pricing system.
You will also get involved in development projects, where the objective of the team is that the Company develops efficient, marketable products which do not contain unacceptable risk exposures.
The technical expertise brought to the role will be used by other business areas including Proposition Management and IFA Sales to inform key strategic decisions.
This is the ideal role for someone with ambitions to forge a career within a forward thinking and energetic business. You will ideally have a couple of years’ experience, exposure to a life insurance or pricing environment and be progressing with your IFoA exams.
If you are a confident individual who is able to build relationships seamlessly with an ability to communicate effectively across numerous lines of business then we would love to hear from you!
Skills we are looking for
● A degree (or professional equivalent) in maths or a maths-based subject.
● Progress towards the FIA or FFA qualification.
● A background in pricing and/or project work relating to new product development in the life insurance industry.
● Good communication skills, oral and written.
● Good problem solving and resolution skills
● Good technical and analytical skills
● Good skills with relevant computer packages (Excel, VBA), including the ability to develop models from scratch within those packages.
● Team player, with a strong desire to build and develop a business.