At Just we’re recruiting for our future and we currently have an exciting opportunity to join our Reporting & Analysis team as an Assistant Actuary on a permanent basis from our London office.
This is a great role which carries a high degree of autonomy and independence but also the opportunity to work across the group’s most important metric, Solvency II.
Your main areas of responsibility within this role will be to support the Reporting & Analysis Actuary in leading the delivery of the Group’s actuarial reporting requirements mainly for Solvency II however you will also input into IFRS, EV and risk-based capital metrics.
You’ll lead the delivery of actuarial aspects of business planning and prepare MI, analysing the SII results and creating analysis from model outputs & data in order to provide the exec team with key information.
You will also lead the delivery of actuarial analysis to support the objectives of the Finance, ALM, Capital and Investment teams and providing input where necessary.
Finally you will support our student population, checking and managing workloads in model output and mentoring where needed in order to share essential skills and knowledge and increase the capability across the team.
We’re looking for at least a newly Qualified Actuary with a life insurance background and strong SII knowledge. Given you will be working with individuals at varying levels you’ll also need to possess strong verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to present complex financial concepts in a clear and concise manner.
Skills we are looking for
● Qualified Actuary
● Life Insurance experience essential
● SII knowledge essential
● Previous exposure to Annuities or LTM’s would be beneficial along with other reporting metrics
● Good problem analysis and resolution skills and an ability to think outside of the box
● Good understanding of the products and services provided by the Group
● Experience of decision-making, able to assess materiality of issues and determine appropriate course of action
● Experience of Actuarial modelling software