At Just we’re recruiting for our future and we currently have an exciting opportunity to join our Financial Reporting & Analysis team as a Reporting & Analysis Actuary on a permanent basis from our London office.
This is a great role which carries a high degree of autonomy and independence alongside the opportunity to work across some of the group’s most important reporting metrics - IFRS, EV and Reinsurance – gaining significant exposure to other areas of the business in the process. You will work alongside senior managers within Just giving you exposure to high level information which, in turn, will aid our executive team to make key & informed decisions.
Your main areas of responsibility within this role will be to lead the delivery and analysis of the Group’s actuarial financial reporting requirements across IFRS, EV and reinsurance reporting and support the development and maintenance of these financial reporting metrics (including IFRS17 implementation).
You will oversee, manage and deliver the reporting process across both BAU and project based activity acting as the voice of the Financial Reporting & Analysis team to ensure requirements are captured and delivered in line with strategic priorities.
You will also provide leadership within the Actuarial Reporting and Analysis team (up to 3 direct reports), being responsible for day to day line management and resource planning to ensure a successful delivery.
You’ll be a Qualified Actuary with a life insurance background and ideally have knowledge of IFRS, EV and Reinsurance reporting. Given you will be working with individuals at varying levels you’ll also need to possess strong verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to present complex financial concepts in a clear and concise manner.
Skills we are looking for
● Qualified Actuary
● Life Insurance experience essential
● Experience of an actuarial reporting function, ideally with experience of DB, annuities and LTMs
● Proven technical and analytical skills with knowledge of IFRS, EV, Solvency II or risk-based capital metrics
● Knowledge of insurance products and markets, including UK reporting regulations
● Good understanding of the products and services provided by the Group
● Good problem analysis and resolution skills
● Leadership and influencing skills
● Understanding of people resource requirements
● Able to manage smaller defined projects alongside other stakeholders in the company
● Able to assess materiality of issues and determine appropriate course of action