Retirement is changing dramatically. Where it used to suggest an ending, today it can be a beginning – a time to explore, discover, and get on with the rest of your life. This change has paved the way for Just to be a new type of company. One that sees people as unique individuals, always adapting and evolving, and dares to believe in great things.
If you’d like to become part of that journey then we have a great opportunity to join our Demograpic Risk team as a Longevity Risk Actuary, on a permanent basis from our London office.
Reporting to the Head of Longevity Risk the main purpose of the role is to accurately forecast the demographic behaviour of the Group’s insured lives and lives in the Group’s target market, with particular focus on longevity assumptions.
Just is a fast-paced and dynamic company, and we promote an agile way of working. This means that you will be exposed to an exciting breath of both BAU and projects across the team, some of the core areas are:
• Supervising and supporting key LDR activities, including the 6-monthly experience analysis, monthly KPIs and LRM recalibration, and ensuring they are delivered in a timely manner.
• Reviewing the analyses of demographic risk experience and writing up the conclusions for review.
• Maintaining the experience analysis tools and reporting templates and suggesting future development opportunities.
• Seeking continuous improvements to data quality and supporting projects to improve data quality and depth.
• Supporting the calibration and the reporting of the SII longevity risk internal model to ensure that longevity risk is being modelling appropriately, and suggesting future development opportunities.
• Supporting the development of existing and new demographic risk bases.
Skills & experience we’re looking for
• Qualified Actuary or nearly qualified with relevent levels of experience
• Background in longevity would be desirable
• Life Insurance experience is essential
• Project management skills with an ability to plan & deliver
• Ability and willingness to supervise analysts in the team
• Clear understanding of risk management and Solvency II framework
• Knowledge of SQL, VB.Net and VBA would be an advantage
• Experience of data manipulation and analysis
• Experience of systems development and process improvement
• Some experience in statistical or mathematical modelling