The Lead Data Warehouse Developer will act as a technical lead on projects and developments and act as a subject matter expert on the Microsoft Data Platform, innovates to drive continuous improvement within the team relating to technology and process, taking a proactive role to support the development of colleague’s technical skillset.
Working as part of the team to implement, support and maintaining Financial Data Warehousing solutions in line with the Company’s architectural vision, data strategy, and in accordance with departmental project standards and practices, in addition provide business users with insight.
+ Technical Leadership - To take the Technical Lead role on projects where required, act as a subject matter export on the Microsoft data platform, as well as working with Solution Architects and Team Managers to deliver solutions.
+ Develop Bespoke Solutions - To develop high-quality bespoke Financial Data Warehousing solutions using appropriate, industry-standard tools, technologies and languages. Aligned to the organizational target architecture and data strategy.
+ Technical Documentation - To ensure that high-quality documentation is developed, maintained, regularly reviewed and stored for all solutions developed and all operational processes.
+ Continuous improvement - Innovates by driving continuous improvement relating technical solutions, making appropriate use of new technology and recommending process improvements that will let the team to meet and exceed expectations.
+ Quality Assurance - To perform peer reviews of solutions and documentation in order to ensure that procedures and standards are followed consistently. Continuously work towards the objective of building in quality and provide appropriately tested solutions.
+ Operational Process Support - Support, execute and administrate weekly and monthly processes within the bespoke Financial Data Warehousing solutions.
+ Service Desk Requests - To act as second and third-line support in undertaking tasks assigned via Service Desk.
+ Agile Techniques - Actively participate and contribute to adoption of agile practices.
+ Release and Deployment - Preparation of all release content and documentation, ensuring it is fit for purpose when required. Take an active role in continually improving deployment capability and maximising deployment reliability and quality in all environments.
+ Mentoring - Take a proactive role within the team to support the development of colleagues sharing their knowledge voluntarily rather than being asked.
Skills, Knowledge & Qualifications
- Experience with IT development processes and delivery lifecycles; development methodology; release strategy and configuration management; development tools, and applications across full project lifecycles.
- Experience working within an Agile environment; delivering within defined Sprints; familiarity with Agile principles ceremonies.
- Demonstrable skills in Data warehousing, Data Lake and Big Data solutions.
- Good understanding and experience of SQL Server technologies (T-SQL, SSIS, SSRS, Power BI).
- Good understanding of automated testing and continuous integration using Microsoft Release Manager.
- Demonstrable skills in database concepts, object and data modelling techniques and design principles. Translates object and data models into appropriate database schemas within design constraints.
- Demonstrable experience within Microsoft applications and platforms.
- Mentoring and coaching skills.
- Educated to Degree level, or equivalent.
- Computer science related qualification.
- Certified Scrum Master or equivalent is desirable.