Retirement is changing dramatically. Where it used to suggest an ending, today it can be a beginning – a time to explore, discover, and get on with the rest of your life. This change has paved the way for Just to be a new type of company. One that sees people as unique individuals, always adapting and evolving, and dares to believe in great things.
If you’d like to become part of that journey then we have a great opportunity to join our Actuarial Assurance team as an Actuary, on a permanent basis from our London office.
You’ll provide Second Line review and challenge of actuarial results and processes so that users of actuarial information can have confidence in its accuracy and reliability whilst supporting the Chief Actuary in achieving their responsibility for the activities of the regulatory defined Actuarial Function.
Just is a fast-paced and dynamic company, and we promote an agile way of working. This means that you will be exposed to an exciting breath of projects. The Assurance Actuary will need to understand the methodology of the particular model to be reviewed, which may be an enhancement or a new development. Once the scope of the work has been agreed with the Senior Actuary, the key activity will be to write an assurance report, with support where needed, and communicate the findings to key stakeholders.
Skills & experience we’re looking for
● IFoA actuarial advanced student or newly qualified is essential
● Demonstrated technical expertise in at least two different areas of actuarial work including but not limited to valuation, capital management, internal model, ALM, experience monitoring
● Ability to practically apply good risk management to distinguish material errors and issues from trivial issues
● Excellent problem analysis and resolution skills to identify practical means of improving actuarial results
● Good verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to explain issue and benefits in a clear and concise manner
● Ability to apply risk management techniques to quantify and manage financial risks
● Understanding of the products and services provided by the Group and of those generally provided in the UK industry
● Self-driven approach to prioritising and completing work