Retirement is changing dramatically. Where it used to suggest an ending, today it can be a beginning – a time to explore, discover, and get on with the rest of your life. This change has paved the way for Just to be a new type of company. One that sees people as unique individuals, always adapting and evolving, and dares to believe in great things.
If you’d like to become part of that journey then we have a great opportunity to join our Defined Benefit (DB) team as our Head of Defined Benefit Operations, on a permanent basis from our Reigate office.
You will manage the BAU operational capability for the DB Solutions team and oversee the implementation of changes required to meet the strategic plan for Operations to support the DB business growth and proposition development.
You’ll also have overall oversight of the outsourced relationship with our Third Party Administrators (TPA) ensuring that the administration of our DB business is managed effectively and in line with our contract, governance & TCF standards. Furthermore you will oversee the implementation of any required changes at TPA to ensure systems, processes and resources can support strategic and expected growth plans for the DB business and developing DB proposition.
Finally you will act as a competent supervisor and assessor to enable team members to be assessed as competent now and on an ongoing basis. The role will initially have three direct reports and provide overall leadership & guidance for the wider DB BAU Operations team, therefore an ability to provide support, direction and coaching are valuable assets to bring into the role.
Some of the key areas of activity are:
Daily leadership of the DB BAU Operations team, empowering everyone to deliver the in force Business Plan
Resource planning to ensure sufficient resources, systems and processes are in place to deliver the in force business plan both within Just’s DB Operations team and at TPA
Oversee the implementation and adherence to new processes and procedures into BAU
Involvement in the negotiations for new deals, co-ordinating and advising on operational requirements and making decisions on any operational specific changes
Working with Head of Business Development and Head of Pricing on scheduling weekly activities with cross function requirements
Overseeing the resolution of customer queries and complaints as required, ensuring everything is dealt with to the customer’s satisfaction
Point of escalation for all DB Operational service issues, in particular service issues at TPA, ensuring satisfactory resolution
Identify key individuals for key tasks such that not only is the work delivered, but the team are given development opportunities
Work with internal stakeholders in Compliance, Risk and Internal Audit as needed to facilitate audits and the completion of risk reporting
Skills we are looking for
● Substantial DB Pensions experience, with significant time spent working in the Pensions Industry for a similar organisation, Third Party Administrator (TPA) or Pension Scheme.
● Previous experience of working in the DB de risking market either working for a Bulk Annuity provider, an EBC de risking team or DB Pension Scheme, or their TPA, that has undergone a de risking exercise.
● Previous experience in a Senior Management role, with particular focus on managing outsource arrangements or large in house team servicing multiple clients.
● Good understanding of DB administration processes and key requirements to provide excellent customer service, including the benefits of outsourcing versus insourcing.
● Understanding of the TPA market, the various providers and their administration platforms.
● Strong leadership and influencing skills with the ability to communicate at all levels.
● Good negotiation skills essential, with the ability to work with third parties on contractual arrangements.
● Good presentation skills, with experience of presenting to Trustees on day to day administration matters.