Retirement is changing dramatically. Where it used to suggest an ending, today it can be a beginning – a time to explore, discover, and get on with the rest of your life. This change has paved the way for Just to be a new type of company. One that sees people as unique individuals, always adapting and evolving, and dares to believe in great things.
Our Defined Benefit (DB) de-risking business is an ever increasing part of the success story at Just and we have a great opportunity for you to become a key part of that journey as a Proposition Development Actuary, on a permanent basis from our London office. Some of our in-flight projects could be transformational to, not just the DB business, but the Just Group over the next few years.
You will lead the delivery of DB proposition developments from the ideas stage through to delivery into BAU. This will require a unique blend of technical and project management skills, drawing on subject matter experts from across the business and externally as appropriate. Your role will include the working up of options, requirements and potential solutions; refinement, assessment, analysis and delivery across the business.
Working alongside the Head of Commercial and Director of DB Solutions you’ll formulate ideas, agree direction and prioritise developments, consistent with the Group strategy and DB business plan. You will develop and maintain a number of the innovations that support these aspirations.
You’ll be part of a small Proposition Development team, but will collaborate frequently with the DB Pricing, Business Development and Operations teams, as well as other Actuarial teams across the business.
You will have good visibility with the Senior Management Team and the opportunity to present to various Committees.
Skills we are looking for
● Qualified Actuary
● Previous experience working within a Life Insurer (or consultancy)
● Good understanding of Solvency II capital requirements and reinsurance arrangements.
● Knowledge of the DB de-risking market, pricing of annuity/longevity products and/or Proposition Development would be beneficial.
● Experience of working on multi-disciplinary projects
● Excellent communication, interpersonal and influencing skills.
● Strong commercial acumen.
● Ability to drive project teams to deliver in a fast moving environment to tight deadlines.
● Strong attention to quality, rigour and detail.