Please note that some of our jobs may close earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applicants. Therefore we would advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
As a Senior Actuarial Systems Analyst you will join our experienced Actuarial Systems team who support the development and maintenance of our actuarial systems, models and tools used by the wider Actuarial department.
Based from our central London office on a permanent basis you will support the implementation of approved business requirements necessary to support regulatory requirements, new products, reinsurance structures, management information and external reporting requirements.
Reporting to one of our Systems Actuaries you’ll support the delivery of work designed to improve the robustness and efficiency of the Actuarial Department through process improvements, system enhancements and implement an adequate control framework.
● Development of the Financial Projection Excel tools used for asset and liability projections, within a controlled governance framework.
● Solvency II reporting spreadsheet development and maintenance.
● Traditional platform (Mo.net) based model development work is in scope, driven by business need.
● Support the delivery of systems changes for projects and manage dependencies with the wider change delivery and IT processes.
● Support the implementation of new requirements into the actuarial systems, model and tools.
● Deliver model maintenance program for one or more systems with regular engagement and effective communication with user groups and senior managers. This includes maintaining consistency with other systems.
● Support the implementation of systems solutions in line with the Actuarial Department Systems Strategy.
● Support the identification and delivery of improvements to Actuarial Department processes.
● Implement the control framework for the development, management and release of actuarial valuation tools, including delivering appropriate documentation and compliance with relevant requirements (specifically TAS and APS X2).
● Member of IFoA and progressing with exams.
● Experience in developing Actuarial models within Excel, VBA and VB.Net an advantage.
● Technical Actuarial experience in reporting, pricing or capital may also be advantageous.
● Some knowledge of SQL, VB.Net and VBA would be an advantage.
● Moses / Monet / Prophet development experience is preferred but not essential.
● Good verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to present complex financial concepts in a clear and concise manner.
Working for us, you get your Just Rewards…
● A Competitive Salary, amazing Pension Scheme and Life Assurance
● Along with 25 Days Annual Leave plus an additional day on us for your Birthday
● Private Medical Cover and Income Protection, just in case
● A Bonus Scheme that takes a balanced approach and looks at both `in role performance’ but also `the behaviours and attitudes you exhibit at work’
● FREE access to the Headspace App, a 24/7 Employee Assistance Helpline and Trained Physical & Mental Health First Aiders (On-Site)
● Plus we have a variety of Employee Funded Benefits available to you via our Online Benefits Portal
As well as offering a great benefits package, we encourage flexible and agile working where possible. Get in touch with us to discuss in more detail.