Delivery Manager - Cloud Migration
Date Posted: 16/11/2023
Job Type: Full timeApply Now
Delivery Manager – Cloud Migration
Full time – 35 hour p/w
London – Hybrid (2 days per week in office)
About the Role
As a part of the Group’s expansion we are now recruiting for a number of Delivery Manager roles in various business areas, including Retail, Consumer Duty, Hub, Group and Finance as well as Technology & Operations to support company’s commercial growth.
The Delivery Manager will work closely with the business, change and software engineering communities to understand priorities, develop business cases and plans and drive early and iterative delivery of business value.
Additionally they will be able to produce results and thrive in a fast-paced, agile environment and will be adept at building and leading effective delivery teams spanning multiple teams across the Group.
Delivery Manager – Cloud Migration role will support the infrastructure migration to Azure which is a key strategic Technology project for the Group. They will lead and manage the end to end migration process from on premise to cloud (Azure), including stakeholder engagement and prioritisation of key activities.
The principal responsibilities of the Delivery Manager include but do not stop at:
Own and manage the delivery of important business outcomes
- Partner with Sponsors and Business Product Owners to drive effective definition and prioritisation of business goals, outcomes, benefits, and measures of success for all projects
- Develop, agree and communicate business cases, plans, benefits plans and cost forecasts.
- Translate business goals and ‘aspirational’ plans into practical execution plans with evolving confidence and certainty levels as delivery progresses.
- Drive the plan's execution to meet business priorities, using a proactive and assertive approach to identify delivery risks, issues, and dependencies and find ways to deal with them.
- Facilitating the delivery of benefits and smooth transitions of change to operational use.
- Actively manage senior stakeholders and ensure transparency and engagement at all times.
- Role-modelling and taking clear ownership of project performance and delivery of results.
- Driving project success with strategically aligned delivery leadership.
- Driving cross-functional collaboration, and fostering a dynamic, collaborative, and inclusive environment for success.
Drive efficient and effective delivery of projects with embedded continuous improvement.
- Establish effective project delivery structures with clear roles, holding people accountable across internal and external teams.
- Manage and optimise the backlog and flow of work in the project, supported by objective measurement, retrospective reviews, and proactive improvements.
- Synchronise and align delivery roadmaps and plans to manage interdependencies between projects and across all teams involved in delivery.
- Identify and manage resource capacity and capability for each project, partnering with the Value Stream Delivery Lead and central Change Portfolio team.
- Leverage appropriate internal and external delivery standards and best practices to optimise project delivery and results.
- Lead the identification and management of risks, issues, and dependencies and escalate when necessary.
- Focusing on delivery insight and value over administration and control.
- Continuously assessing performance and learning to drive continuous improvement.
Build, develop and lead project delivery teams.
- Build, develop, and lead a results-driven project delivery team with a proactive learning culture, bringing together sub-teams into an effective end-to-end delivery model for working with pace, trust, transparency, and focus on achieving goals.
- Support the development and coaching of team members' capabilities, providing on-the-job coaching, training, and working with the Value Stream Change Delivery Lead to identify individual growth and development opportunities beyond the current project.
- Establish a robust ‘one team’ structure with appropriate virtual delivery leadership structures for all people contributing to delivery of a project across the business and Just Delivery teams.
Skills, Knowledge and expertise we are looking for:
- Delivery Leadership: Driving project success with strategic delivery leadership and setting high-performance standards.
- Strategic thinking: Interpreting complex business goals and developing project plans that align with organisational strategy and long-term objectives.
- Project management expertise: Expert knowledge and application of project management techniques, methodologies, and tools to deliver high-quality projects.
- Risk management and resource optimisation: Expert knowledge and application of risk and resource optimisation techniques for efficient and effective project management.
- Budget and cost management: Expert knowledge and application of budget and cost management techniques to ensure successful project outcomes within budget.
- Communication and collaboration: Excellent communication and collaboration skills for effective stakeholder management and team collaboration.
- Expert problem-solving: Analysing complex problems, identifying trends, and developing data-driven insights and solutions.
- Quality and change management: Expert knowledge and application of quality and change management principles for high-quality project deliverables.
- Vendor and supplier management: Expert knowledge and application of vendor and supplier management principles for efficient and effective use of third-party resources.
- Continuous improvement: Committed to continuous improvement, including assessing project performance, extracting valuable lessons and insights, and driving continuous improvement in project management strategies.
- Must have led an infrastructure migration to Azure previously
- Proven experience leading a migration programme of scale is essential
- Extensive Project Management experience
- Evidence of strong stakeholder management – managing multiple stakeholders and priorities across the business
- Must hold Azure Certifications
- A proven track-record in change delivery management in an agile, multi-disciplinary, and complex commercial environment spanning business, operational and IT domains
- Broad experience with delivery methodologies such as Agile, Waterfall, Scrum, Kanban
- At least two years of experience in Financial Services (Insurance and Pensions preferred)
- Understanding and experience of the Financial Services control environment and the challenges thereof
- Excellent delivery management experience in multi-functional projects and programmes
- A Competitive Salary, Pension Scheme and Life Assurance
- Along with 25 Days Annual Leave plus an Additional Day on us for your Birthday
- Private Medical Cover and Income Protection, just in case
- A generous and highly achievable bonus scheme – paid annually based on individual and company performance against targets
- Opportunity to progress within your career both in-role and within the company
- FREE access to the Headspace App, a 24/7 Employee Assistance Helpline and Trained Physical and mental Health First Aiders (On-Site)
- Various Employee Funded Benefits are available to you via our Online Benefits Portal.
- Plus, several additional purchase options available for you and your loved ones