Retirement is changing dramatically. Where it used to suggest an ending, today it can be a beginning – a time to explore, discover, and get on with the rest of your life. This change has paved the way for Just to be a new type of company. One that sees people as unique individuals, always adapting and evolving, and dares to believe in great things.
If you’d like to become part of that journey then we have a great opportunity to join our Investment team as a Junior Credit Trader, on a permanent basis from our London office.
You’ll join a forward thinking and dedicated team providing specialist support to the Head of Investment Management, Deputy Chief Investment Officer and wider Investment team. Working closely with our existing Senior Trader the main purpose of the role is to provide expertise for corporate bond trade execution and portfolio manager support activities, acting as an SME across the area.
You will play a central role enabling and delivering effective investment management for the Just Group portfolios.
This role would suit someone with a few years’ experience, or who has recently completed a Graduate programme within a market making or asset management environment.
Some examples of key activity are:
● Executing bond trades efficiently within governance requirements
● Assessing and advising on liquidity and investment opportunities
● Using Bloomberg and other systems to be able to price and assess trades
● Provide market intelligence and demonstrate understanding of credit drivers and news flow for bonds
● Execute corporate bond trades for a primarily buy and maintain investment grade bond mandate
● Suggest potential buying opportunities on the basis of knowledge of our portfolio management requirements
● Monitor market for liquidity in terms of best times to buy and sell
● Contribute to developing and maintaining relationships with bond dealing counterparties
Skill & Experience we’re looking for
● A couple of years’ experience within corporate bond trade execution, in either a market making or asset management environment
● Broader financial trading experience such as derivatives would be beneficial.
● A first class or upper second class degree
● An understanding of the dynamics of the primary and secondary bond markets, in particular investment grade credit
● Able to execute trades quickly and competently utilising appropriate trading methods and tools
● Proactive nature in developing ideas and identifying investment opportunities for the portfolio
● Competent with standard bond market tools such as Bloomberg and Tradeweb
● Strong discipline in terms of maintaining process, governance and audit standards