Cloud Solutions Lead
Date Posted: 09/10/2023
Job Type: Full timeApply Now
Who are Just?
We’re a FTSE 250 Financial Services company who specialise in retirement solutions and right now, our world is moving quickly. With the defined benefit buy in / buy out space growing each year, Just continues to annually grow its business by over £2bn of assets.
We are a purpose driven company with compelling and credible goals. Quite simply, we help people achieve a better later life. We achieve this by providing competitive and innovative products, services, financial advice, and guidance to help our customers achieve security, certainty and provide them with peace of mind in retirement.
That’s who we are. We’re a company on a mission: to become a beacon for the entire retirement industry. Because we believe everyone deserves a fair, secure, and fulfilling retirement.
About the Role
To ensure Just’s cloud solutions have a coherent, consistent and secure architecture
- To ensure solutions are designed and developed in line with strategy and adhering to design principles and policies
- To maintain an up to date understanding of cyber security and ensure solutions are sufficiently protected against threats
- To be an expert in Identity Access Management and build out an Identity Strategy for Just
- To produce and maintain cloud reference architectures, standards, policies and principles
- To research, advise on and design high quality cloud solutions
- To support teams in adopting cloud technology by supplying reference code, supporting material and ongoing advice
- To research and recommend new technologies
- Consulting/reviewing designs for solutions and advising on options/alternatives/new strategies, patterns and practices and security
- Provide technical consultation and advice to the information security team and other technical teams on cloud architecture, security and identity
- Providing reference code/infrastructure/tooling and demonstrations of technology, providing tangible examples for infrastructure and application architecture using cloud based service
- Running chalk & talks, presentations, demos, prototypes, show & tells to educate users.
- Being a DevSecOps advocate, encouraging iterative design, with full automation for maximum scalability and speed of change
- Outside initiatives, maintain roadmaps and recommend changes to upgrade existing capabilities w.r.t non-functional requirements, such as security, scalability and maintainability.
- Design processes and systems for managing keys/secrets/certificates
- Technical SME/technical stakeholder for key cloud infrastructure, API Management Identity Access Management platforms
- Contribute to and advise on vulnerability testing and security assessments
- Respond immediately to security-related incidents/events and provide a thorough post-event analysis
- Mentor and supports colleagues, attend or organise communities of practice centred around technologies or systems
- Present and review designs to the Technical Design Authority
- Review requests for the Software and Services Approval Board, Due Diligence and Change Advisory Board.
Here are the skills and experience we are looking for:
- In depth understanding of Cloud infrastructure, SaaS, IaaS and PaaS, and Azure in particular
- In depth knowledge Cloud Architecture and Design Patterns
- Willingness to learn new skills, adopt new technologies and stay up to date
- Commercial awareness and an ability to see the business benefits of new technologies
- Excellent communication skills and ability to confidently mentor and share knowledge with technical staff
- Ability to produce and present high quality technical documentation.
- Ability to work unaided with good self-organisation and time management skills.
- A team player with a positive and constructive attitude
- Knowledge of Google Apigee or another API Management Platform
- Knowledge of Okta or another Identity Access Management Platform
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure, Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform, ARM templates, Azure DevOps, Key Vault, Let’s Encrypt, Application Gateway, Firewalls, Cloud Networking, VPN/ExpressRoute
- Knowledge of a variety of storage technologies, NoSQL/document databases/RDBMS, such as Azure SQL Server, MongoDB, Couchbase or similar
- Knowledge of typical enterprise architecture cloud patterns for event sourcing, asynchronous/guaranteed message delivery, microservices
- z303/304 (Azure Architect Expert), Az204 (Dev) + Az400 (Devops) = Azure DevOps Expert, Az500 Security
- Hashicorp Product Knowledge
- At least 5 years’ experience as a senior developer/architect in a commercial role designing and implementing secure cloud solutions.
- Commercial experience of architecture in an agile framework
- Self-motivated and driven, able to work with little supervision, with a demonstrable track record in delivering large-scale and/or complex solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate complex technical concepts clearly and appropriately to a technical and non-technical audience.
- A demonstrable personal interest in technology
- Proven ability to work in a collaborative agile environment and to coach and mentor others.
- A Competitive Salary, Pension Scheme and Life Assurance
- Along with 25 Days Annual Leave plus an Additional Day on us for your Birthday
- Private Medical Cover and Income Protection, just in case
- A generous and highly achievable bonus scheme – paid annually based on individual and company performance against targets
- Opportunity to progress within your career both in-role and within the company
- FREE access to the Headspace App, a 24/7 Employee Assistance Helpline and Trained Physical & Mental Health First Aiders (On-Site)
- A variety of Employee Funded Benefits available to you via our Online Benefits Portal
- Plus, several additional purchase options available for you and your loved ones
We are committed to building a more sustainable business and have publicly committed to reduce our scope 3 emissions to Net Zero by 2050 and our scope 1 and 2 emissions to Net Zero by 2025. We’ve made good progress so far and encourage our people to make small and meaningful changes in their everyday lives, so that we can protect our planet for future generations.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) is a key priority for Just as part of our overall strategy and ensuring all our people feel proud to work at Just. We have joined several initiatives including the Race at Work Charter, designed to improve outcomes for employees from underrepresented backgrounds. We also run a Reciprocal Mentoring scheme for employees from a BAME background, those with a disability, and those who identify as LGBTQ+. There are multiple employee network groups, which champion issues including race, gender, social mobility, and neurodiversity.
What’s clear about working at Just is that we care. We care about our customers, our purpose, our environment, inclusivity, wellbeing and most importantly - each other.