Delivery Manager - Business Change
Date Posted: 16/11/2023
Job Type: Full timeApply Now
Delivery Manager - Business Change
London – Hybrid (2 days p/w from office)
About the Role
As a part of the Group’s expansion we are now recruiting for a number of Delivery Manager positions in various business areas, including Retail, Consumer Duty, Defined Benefits, Group & Finance and Technology to support the company’s commercial growth.
The Delivery Manager is a key player within the change team responsible for delivering change and genuine business value. As capable leaders of cross-functional teams, they will balance progress and risk, ensuring delivery within company standards.
They facilitate, direct and drive the delivery of innovative solutions across various domains aligned with business priorities. They will proactively tackle obstacles and own the delivery of projects from start to finish throughout the change lifecycle with an engaged and curious mindset.
Delivery Manager will work closely with the business, change and software engineering communities to understand priorities, develop business cases and plans and drive early and iterative delivery of business value. Additionally they will be able to produce results and thrive in a fast-paced, agile environment and will be adept at building and leading effective delivery teams spanning multiple teams across the Group.
Deliver Manager - Business Change - will organise the delivery of a portfolio of initiatives with internal stakeholders and external partners, covering both technology and business-related deliverables.
The role will manage multiple workstreams to onboard new platform partners and integrations with technology partners. This individual will be the face of Just Group to our external suppliers and will need to demonstrate the right level of gravitas and positioning with external suppliers.
The principal responsibilities of the Delivery Manager include but do not stop at:
Own and manage the delivery of important business outcomes
- Partner with Sponsors and Business Product Owners to help shape and prioritise business goals, outcomes, benefits, and measures of success for all projects
- Develop, agree and communicate business cases, plans, benefits plans, and cost forecasts.
- Translate business goals and ‘aspirational’ plans into practical execution plans, refining confidence and certainty levels as delivery progresses.
- Drive the plan's execution to meet business priorities, using a proactive approach to identify delivery risks, issues, and dependencies and find ways to deal with them.
- Facilitate the delivery of benefits and smooth change transitions to operational use.
- Actively manage senior stakeholders and ensure transparency and engagement at all times.
- Role-model and take clear ownership of project performance and delivery of results.
- Foster cross-functional collaboration and a collaborative and inclusive environment for success.
Drive efficient and effective delivery of projects with embedded continuous improvement.
- Establish effective project delivery structures with clear roles, holding people accountable across internal and external teams.
- Manage and optimise the project backlog and flow of work, supported by objective measurement, retrospective reviews, and proactive improvements.
- Synchronise and align delivery roadmaps and plans to manage interdependencies between projects and across all teams involved in delivery.
- Identify and manage resource capacity and capability for each project, partnering with the Value Stream Delivery Lead and central Change Portfolio team.
- Leverage appropriate internal and external delivery standards and best practices to optimise project delivery and results.
- Lead the identification and management of risks, issues, and dependencies and escalate when necessary.
- Focusing on delivery insight and value over administration and control.
- Continuously assessing performance and learning to drive continuous improvement.
Build, develop and lead project delivery teams.
- Build, develop, and lead a results-driven project delivery team with a proactive learning culture, bringing together sub-teams into an effective end-to-end delivery model for working with pace, trust, transparency, and focus on achieving goals.
- Support developing and coaching team members' capabilities, providing on-the-job coaching training.
- Establish a robust ‘one team’ structure with appropriate virtual delivery leadership structures for all people contributing to the delivery of a project across the business and Just Delivery teams.
Skills, knowledge and expertise
The Delivery Manager should have a strong understanding of project and change management methodologies, tools, and techniques and good communication and collaboration skills.
- Impeccable planning skills and comfortable using technology to visually represent plans for each initiative as well as a combined plan for a portfolio of initiatives.
- Attention to detail, but without losing sight of the overall goals and objectives.
- Can quickly identify dependencies that could lead to delays or blockers and suggest options to clear the way.
- Confident to promote prioritisation of deliverables to keep us and our partners on track.
- Great energy: Able to dial up when necessary to match our partners’ pace and agility.
- A team player: Comfortable to engage with internal and external stakeholders across operations, technology, marketing, legal professionals.
- Resilience: Remains focused and positive even when things don’t go to plan
- Great communication skills to convey realistic delivery plans.
- Delivery Leadership: Driving project success and setting high-performance standards.
- Strategic thinking: Interpreting business goals and developing project plans that align with organisational strategy and objectives.
- Project management expertise: Solid knowledge and application of project management techniques, methodologies, and tools.
- Risk management and resource optimisation: Solid knowledge and application of risk and resource optimisation techniques for efficient and effective project management.
- Budget and cost management: Solid knowledge and application of budget and cost management techniques to ensure successful project outcomes within budget.
- Communication and collaboration: Good communication skills for effective stakeholder management and team collaboration.
- Expert problem-solving: Analysing problems, identifying trends, and developing data-driven insights and solutions.
- Quality and change management: Solid knowledge and application of quality and change management principles for high-quality project deliverables.
- Vendor and supplier management: Solid knowledge and application of vendor and supplier management principles for efficient and effective use of third-party resources.
- Continuous improvement: Committed to continuous improvement, including assessing project performance, extracting valuable lessons and insights, and driving continuous improvement in project management strategies.
- A proven track record in change delivery management in an agile, multi-disciplinary, and complex commercial environment.
- Broad experience with delivery methodologies such as Agile, Waterfall, Scrum, Kanban
- Experience in Financial Services (Insurance and Pensions preferred )
- Understanding and experience of the Financial Services control environment and the challenges therein
- Strong experience with managing 3rd party relationships
- Solid delivery management experience in multi-functional projects
- A Competitive Salary, Pension Scheme and Life Assurance
- Along with 25 Days Annual Leave plus an Additional Day on us for your Birthday
- Private Medical Cover and Income Protection, just in case
- A generous and highly achievable bonus scheme – paid annually based on individual and company performance against targets
- Opportunity to progress within your career both in-role and within the company
- FREE access to the Headspace App, a 24/7 Employee Assistance Helpline and Trained Physical and mental Health First Aiders (On-Site)
- Various Employee Funded Benefits are available to you via our Online Benefits Portal.
- Plus, several additional purchase options available for you and your loved ones