Date Posted: 16/11/2023
Job Type: Full timeApply Now
Fulltime (35 hours per week)
London - Hybrid, 2 days p/w in the office
Who are Just?
We’re a FTSE 250 Financial Services company who specialise in retirement solutions and right now, our world is moving pretty quickly. With the defined benefit buy in / buy out space growing each year, Just continues to annually grow its business by over £2bn of assets.
We are a purpose driven company with compelling and credible goals. Quite simply, we help people achieve a better later life. We achieve this by providing competitive and innovative products, services, financial advice and guidance to help our customers achieve security, certainty and provide them with peace of mind in retirement.
That’s who we are. We’re a company on a mission: to become a beacon for the entire retirement industry. Because we believe everyone deserves a fair, secure, and fulfilling retirement.
About the role
The PMO Analyst is vital to the smooth functioning of the Value Stream. As the central point of support for change management, coordination and PMO advice they will support delivery managers, specialists, and Value Stream leaders to deliver valuable business change effectively.
The PMO Analyst will support and enable financial and resource management, risk and benefits control, adherence to quality and governance standards, document management and contributing to continuous improvement across and into the Change Portfolio.
They will be dynamic, proactive and curious, with a can-do, forward-looking attitude with the expertise and experience to consistently demonstrate their ability to improve the effectiveness of the PMO and overall change delivery.
Working across the Change Portfolio, PMO Analysts have the opportunity to align to Value Streams – building an in-depth knowledge of the Value Stream and the products contained – or the Central Change Team – optimising Change processes and practices to improve the ROI from the portfolio investment. There is flexibility within this for PMO Analysts to change their alignment to improve their skills and experience, in conjunction with the needs across the PMO team.
Best-practice reporting and communication
- Coordinating the preparation and production of reports and other materials to support informed decision-making and effective communication across the Value Stream
- Building and maintaining relationships with stakeholders and partners to ensure effective collaboration and communication
Monitoring performance and Risk Management
- Monitoring Value Stream or Portfolio performance and identifying potential issues to proactively address them
- Supporting the management of Value Stream or Portfolio risks and controls, ensuring assessment, visibility, and proactive management
Change delivery model continuous improvement
- Supporting and facilitating the implementation of the evolving ‘Transforming Change’ delivery model into the day-to-day operations of the Value Stream and key projects
- Driving continuous improvements to processes, policies, and procedures to ensure they remain fit for purpose and aligned with business needs
- Coordinating and delivering training to support the continuous improvement of individuals, teams, Value Streams & the Portfolio
- Assist in the development and maintenance of highly skilled individuals and teams to drive a results-driven change culture
Supporting Value Stream Delivery Management and standards
- Facilitating the management of projects to ensure the timely delivery of high-quality outcomes
- Supporting the development and implementation and management of project management standards, processes, and procedures to ensure consistency and effectiveness
- Supporting the realisation, consideration, and reporting of benefits as initiatives progress within the Value Stream
- Providing expert PMO support and guidance to Delivery teams and Value Stream Leadership to enable safe and effective delivery of change effective change delivery
- Provide hands-on troubleshooting to support the safe delivery of results for the Value Stream
Supporting Portfolio Management, processes and standards
- Support the development and implementation and management of portfolio and project management standards, processes, and procedures to ensure consistency and effectiveness
- Facilitate and support the management of projects across the portfolio to ensure efficient and consistent delivery of high-quality outcomes
- Provide expert PMO support and guidance to the Central Change and Value Stream Leadership teams to enable safe and effective delivery of change
- Supporting the realisation, consideration, and reporting of benefits as initiatives progress across the Portfolio
- Provide hands-on troubleshooting to support the safe delivery of results for the Portfolio
Skills and Knowledge
Good project management skills, including planning, tracking, reporting, managing risks, and escalating issues as necessary.
Strong stakeholder management skills, including the ability to influence and convince, with negotiation and conflict management skills.
Advanced skills in Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Visio, PowerPoint), MS Teams, SharePoint, Power BI, and Azure DevOps, with strong organizational skills and excellent attention to detail.
Strong organisational skills with excellent attention to detail, quality assurance and control practices
Good understanding of the end-to-end change lifecycle, with depth in both agile and traditional/hybrid delivery models, and ability to design and implement change processes, practices, documentation and guidance that makes the complex simple, effective and understandable.
Proactive problem-solving skills, including root-cause analysis and trend identification, with the ability to synthesise and logically structure information in a step-by-step way.
Resilient, self-driven, and able to prioritise, work, and adapt in a dynamic environment without day-to-day management.
Proven ability to design, develop and deliver training in a multi-disciplinary environment.
Track record of PMO management experience in agile, multi-disciplinary, and commercial environments in Business and IT domains.
Experience of Financial Services (with Insurance and Pensions a plus).
An understanding of the Financial Services control environment and the challenges thereof.
Experience delivering training, collaborative facilitation, and quality assurance.
Proven track record of supporting change organisations and those responsible for delivering change.
Proven experience with Financial Transformation Programmes would be advantageous but is not essential
PMO, project and change management related professional qualifications (desired, but not essential)
Quality assurance/process efficiency qualifications or certifications (desired, but not essential)
A Competitive Salary, Pension Scheme and Life Assurance
Along with 25 Days Annual Leave plus an Additional Day on us for your Birthday
Private Medical Cover and Income Protection, just in case
A generous and highly achievable bonus scheme – paid annually based on individual and company performance against targets
Opportunity to progress within your career both in-role and within the company
FREE access to the Headspace App, a 24/7 Employee Assistance Helpline and Trained Physical & Mental Health First Aiders (On-Site)
A variety of Employee Funded Benefits available to you via our Online Benefits Portal
Plus, several additional purchase options available for you and your loved ones
We are committed to building a more sustainable business and have publicly committed to reduce our scope 3 emissions to Net Zero by 2050 and our scope 1 and 2 emissions to Net Zero by 2025. We’ve made good progress so far and encourage our people to make small and meaningful changes in their everyday lives, so that we can protect our planet for future generations.
Diversity, Equity and inclusion (DE&I) is a key priority for Just as part of our overall strategy and ensuring all of our people feel proud to work at Just. We have joined a number of initiatives including the Race at Work Charter, designed to improve outcomes for employees from underrepresented backgrounds. We also run a Reciprocal Mentoring scheme for employees from a BAME background, those with a disability and those who identify as LGBTQ+. There are multiple employee network groups, which champion issues including race, gender, social mobility and neurodiversity.
What’s clear about working at Just is that we care. We care about our customers, our purpose, our environment, inclusivity, wellbeing and most importantly - each other.Apply Now