Responsible Investment Manager
Date Posted: 23/08/2023
Job Type: Full timeApply Now
At Just we are recruiting for our future and currently have a great opportunity available to join our expanding Investment Team as a Responsible Investment Manager on a permanent basis in our London office.
This is an exciting role that carries a high degree of responsibility and independence as you will provide support to the Chief Investment Officer and wider Investment team and facilitate delivery on a wide variety of responsible investment initiatives.
You will support the investment team on various responsible investment projects whilst working with a range of internal and external stakeholders supporting our corporate sustainability objectives and our vision to become Net Zero by 2050.
The main responsibilities of the role will be:
- Working together with the Responsible Investment Lead to oversee and implement responsible investment strategic objectives.
- Contributing to and influence the integration of responsible investment criteria into investment decision making.
- People management and day-to-day support of relevant junior members of the responsible investment team.
- Oversight and implementation of transition management actions across the investment portfolio as well as supporting other junior members of the team.
Job Role Accountabilities
- Reports to Responsible Investment Lead, who is responsible for the delivery of responsible investment projects and initiatives.
- Develop an understanding of the investment process and specifically how responsible investment and climate change form a part of that.
- Support in overseeing and managing responsible investment projects:
- Climate change: support with overseeing and enhancing existing climate-related risk management and implementation processes
- Integration of environmental, social, and corporate governance (‘ESG’) risks: support responsible investment analysts, investment analysts and credit analysts in ensuring responsible investment risks are appropriately factored into investment-related decisions
- Green/Sustainability bonds: support with overseeing and monitoring the achievement of our sustainability targets in relation to our bond issuances, and other associated targets
- Stewardship: support with overseeing and engaging with issuers, asset managers, external initiatives and other relevant stakeholders to meet our stewardship objectives
- Monitoring and reporting: support with overseeing monitor and reporting on responsible investment and climate-related metrics related to the investment portfolio
- Policies and framework: support with reviewing and enhancing existing/new policies and frameworks on responsible investment e.g. the existing Responsible Investment Framework
- Regulation: remain aware of current and emerging responsible investment-related regulation
- Training and development: develop materials and share knowledge with the wider investment team on responsible investment topics
- Generally, a subject matter expert on responsible investment and support with providing advice and guidance to stakeholders.
- Support the development and execution of our investment strategy, from a responsible investment perspective:
- Assist in enhancing responsible investment criteria in strategic asset allocation
- Assist in the research and evaluation of new asset classes, investment managers and funds
- Enhance and develop responsible investment processes for input into investment decision making e.g. responsible investment analysis of new deals
- Support the preparation of clear and concise material and presentations for internal papers, approvals and management information, where applicable.
- Work closely and form strong relationships with internal stakeholders most notably in the areas of Group Strategy, Finance, Actuarial, Risk, Capital Management and Legal.
- Develop an understanding of the dynamics and commerciality of a UK life assurance company.
- Understand the context of our financial constraints, risk appetite and governance framework.
Examples of Key Activities
- Check, review and input into responsible investment analysis of new deals.
- Check and review internal responsible investment-related management information.
- Draft and support with overseeing the preparation of committee-related papers.
- Lead on enhancing the implementation of climate change within investment strategy.
- Identify opportunities to participate in external collaborative initiatives/consultations.