DB Operational Reinsurance and Reporting Analyst
Date Posted: 19/06/2023
Job Type: Full timeApply Now
DB Operational Reinsurance & Reporting Analyst
Fulltime (35 hours per week)
Hybrid, 2/3 days in the office (Reigate)
About the role
A key role in supporting the collation, analysis and submission of the reinsurance and reporting data to key stakeholders and our reinsurance partners.
The role will also be responsible for providing accurate mortality information.
The role will support the wider Operational Reinsurance area with data and strategic development activities undertaken to ensure constant evolution of the DB Solutions areas and our growth ambitions. There will be an element of the role that will be continually focused on improving process and delivering scalable solutions to the DB Members and Operational Service teams.
- Ensure that monthly and annual reinsurance data is processed, assessed, and collated for onward distribution both internally and to our Reinsurance Partners in accordance with Treaty timeframes, maintaining the monthly workflow.
- Following the delivery of reinsurance true up data, validate accuracy against the Operational monthly reporting.
- Provide, gather and assess mortality data as required.
- Complete all monthly reporting activities accurately and in line with agreed submission timeframes.
- Ensure understanding of all reinsurance treaties sharing knowledge with relevant teams in DB as necessary.
- Capture and collate MI as required by the Implementation Services Team.
The experience, skills and knowledge we are looking for:
- Ability in using excel to manage and manipulate large data sets, using both excel functions and VBA with a view to progressing to other coding styles.
- Good technical understanding of DB Pensions; its legislation, taxation and regulatory framework
- Experience of working alongside or for a TPA administering DB Pensions or BPA products.
- Good understanding of DB de risking administration requirements and how they differ from standard pensions administration.
- Ability to manage workloads and prioritise a number of different tasks based on business volumes and priorities.
- Customer service focused.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate information across different media (e.g. in person, telephone, letter, email).
- Clear focus on quality, service and results.
- Flexible approach with the ability to work as part of a team in a fast moving environment.
- Good Microsoft office skills particularly Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Visio.
- A Competitive Salary, Pension Scheme and Life Assurance
- Along with 25 Days Annual Leave plus an Additional Day on us for your Birthday
- Private Medical Cover and Income Protection, just in case
- A generous and highly achievable bonus scheme – paid annually based on individual and company performance against targets
- Opportunity to progress within your career both in-role and within the company
- FREE access to the Headspace App, a 24/7 Employee Assistance Helpline and Trained Physical & Mental Health First Aiders (On-Site)
- A variety of Employee Funded Benefits available to you via our Online Benefits Portal
- Plus, several additional purchase options available for you and your loved ones
We are committed to building a more sustainable business and have publicly committed to reduce our scope 3 emissions to Net Zero by 2050 and our scope 1 and 2 emissions to Net Zero by 2025. We’ve made good progress so far and encourage our people to make small and meaningful changes in their everyday lives, so that we can protect our planet for future generations.
Diversity, Equity and inclusion (DE&I) is a key priority for Just as part of our overall strategy and ensuring all of our people feel proud to work at Just. We have joined a number of initiatives including the Race at Work Charter, designed to improve outcomes for employees from underrepresented backgrounds. We also run a Reciprocal Mentoring scheme for employees from a BAME background, those with a disability and those who identify as LGBTQ+. There are multiple employee network groups, which champion issues including race, gender, social mobility and neurodiversity.
What’s clear about working at Just is that we care. We care about our customers, our purpose, our environment, inclusivity, wellbeing and most importantly - each other.