This is a newly created role with a new strategy, joining our Defined Benefits team in London. The role will lead the development of the existing customer 'corporate' strategy to ensure that the growing number of existing clients de-risking journeys are understood, with solutions delivered to assist in helping the client to obtain their aspirations.
This position is working with exisiting relationships and the Senior Corporate BDM will work directly with the trustee’s advisors, to fully understand the client’s needs and create short and long term plans to assist, with the aim of creating additional revenue to the Defined Benefits business.
The Senior Corporate BDM will work with the Head of Business Development and Business Development Managers to achieve the sales plan and also identify other opportunities.
• Lead and execute the strategy for developing opportunities with existing buy in clients, ensuring that their de-risking journeys are fully understood and opportunities to support are maximised.
• Lead and own the relationships with independent and professional trustees ensuring that they fully understand and support the propositions offered.
• Develop innovative solutions to the client’s needs, working with the Head of Commercial to ensure delivery.
• Work with the wider business to understand and use solutions to assist in maximising profit with a particular focus in assisting the de-risking journey of our existing clients.
• Oversee the detailed account plans for all independent and professional trustee firms.
• Significantly input into the marketing strategy for DB and importantly ensure the quality of the teams marketing to existing customers and trustees are of the highest standards.
• Deliver challenge to the detailed account plans for the schemes advisors.
• Attend and present at relevant forums and meetings to ensure brand awareness improved at trustee events.
• Support the development of the DB proposition and ensure the delivery of the development required in respect of existing clients.
• Ensure that the client relationship is efficient and market leading whilst the buy in is within the transition process.
• Support the Head of Business Development and Director of DB in building the business for the future.
• Identify and evaluate opportunities to evaluate strategy.
• Support the development of the Business Development team to be “best in class”.
Skills and Knowledge Required
We are looking for someone with experience of delivering innovation in solving client’s needs in the financial services sector, and working with them over a number of years.
You should be an experienced and effective presenter, able to explain complex, technical issues succinctly for senior management, all trustees and technical specialists.
Experience of managing small teams would be beneficial, but not essential.
Qualified Actuary an advantage, but not essential.