At Just we are recruiting for our future and we currently have an exciting opportunity to join our Capital Management team as an Actuarial Analyst on a permanent basis from our London office.
The main purpose of the role is to support the management the capital position of the Group, support the development and maintenance of the approaches used to calculate the amount of capital required and support the design and implementation the capital framework ensuring capital is used efficiently across the Group.
You’ll work across our Capital Modelling team and be involved in BAU and project based activity giving you the opportunity to get involved in various tasks, including but not limited to:
● Analyse the current capital position of the group and identify inefficiencies.
● Analyse strategic and tactical initiatives to optimise the Group’s capital position.
● Support the development, implementation and maintenance of one or more elements of the group internal model to support both regulatory and economic capital calculations which complies with Solvency II tests and standards on an ongoing basis.
● Prepare materials to support the approval process for future internal model changes.
If you’re a confident and ambitious individual who is able to build relationships seamlessly with an ability to communicate effectively across numerous lines of the business then we would love to hear from you!
We’re also able to offer you the opportunity to become a Qualified Actuary through our internal study support programme.
Skills we are looking for
● A first class or upper second class degree in a numerate or Actuarial subject.
● Member of IFoA and making progress with exams.
● Excellent commercial acumen and technical skillset.
● Understanding of actuarial principles and techniques.
● Strong IT skills, particularly excel and VBA.
● Able to assess materiality of issues and determine appropriate course of action.
● Some experience of Solvency II internal models or risk based capital modelling would be beneficial however not essential.