We have a fantastic opportunity for someone to join HUB Pension Solutions as a Field/Home Based Business Development Manager with a particular focus on the South of England.
The main purpose of the Business Development Manager Role is to develop and leverage contacts and relationships across the pensions sector to secure sales of the company’s technology and consulting solutions for DB member education and support and DB to DC pension transfers. As well as targeting clients the role-holder will lead communications strategies, conducting market research and capturing insight to inform propositional development and optimise business performance.
As a BDM you will work closely with the business development function within the wider HUB group particularly on cross-over and joint opportunities around deployment of automated advice, retirement income and retirement lending propositions.
You will also work closely with the Just DB bulk de-risking team on buy-out/in transactions which have the potential to leverage HPS capabilities.
Ideally applicants will have an Actuarial or Pensions Management Institute qualification or similar and have a proven track record in a similar business development role within the UK pensions market. With experience of engaging and working with trustees, senior executives and board level stakeholders.
This role will require significant travel.
Day to day as a Business Development Manager
• Delivering income targets to support the HPS business plan through securing sales of HPS propositions.
• Developing a wide network of pension’s market contacts to create new revenue opportunities within HPS and the wider HUB Group and to capture market insight as to how HPS capabilities can be deployed to best effect.
• Working closely with the HPS management team to ensure we deliver high quality service delivery.
• Working with the HPS management team to develop future growth options for the business and agree future propositional development and execution strategy.
• Working with marketing resource and the HPS management team to deliver highly effective communication and contact strategies to support delivery of sales plans.
• Working with HUB group business development and the JUST DB bulk de-risking team to optimise business opportunities for all businesses wherever there is overlap.
Skills we are looking for
We are looking for a pro-active self-starter able to work effectively with limited supervision with:
• Excellent understanding of the UK pensions market gained through corporate and/or trustee experience.
• Deep knowledge of the DB de-risking market covering member options exercises and insurance solutions (buy-in and buy-out).
• The ability to generate new business through existing network and business development/marketing activity.
• Strong communication and presentation skills.
• The ability to introduce and cross sell other propositions from within the HUB group.
• The ability to capture and interpret market and propositional insight.
• Strong stakeholder management skills to develop deep relationships with customers and potential customers and internal stakeholders.
Who we are
HUB Pension Solutions offer cutting edge technology and consulting solutions to support UK DB pension schemes and their deferred members. HPS is part of the HUB Group which offers digitally enabled market leading automated retirement financial advice, lifetime mortgage advice and pension annuity software and fulfilment solutions. The HUB Group is part of Just Group PLC, a life insurer listed on the London Stock exchange.