Senior Investment Analyst
Date Posted: 17/08/2023
Job Type: Full timeApply Now
Senior Investment Analyst
Just Group plc
Full-time – 35 hours per week
Who are Just?
We’re a FTSE 250 Financial Services company who specialise in retirement solutions and right now, our world is moving pretty quickly. With the defined benefit buy in / buy out space growing each year, Just continues to annually grow its business by over £2bn of assets.
We are a purpose driven company with compelling and credible goals. Quite simply, we help people achieve a better later life. We achieve this by providing competitive and innovative products, services, financial advice and guidance to help our customers achieve security, certainty and provide them with peace of mind in retirement.
That’s who we are. We’re a company on a mission: to become a beacon for the entire retirement industry. Because we believe everyone deserves a fair, secure, and fulfilling retirement.
About The Role
Support the Investment Team on a range of technical subjects, including Pricing, Assets valuations, Optimisation and Actuarial concepts, such as the Matching Adjustment..
- Liaise with the ALM team to optimise the cash flow matching and broader MAP considerations from new investment flows and existing portfolio.
- Support Investment Actuarial on developing investment strategy and bond selection, capital efficiency and profitability.
- Support Investment Actuarial on assumptions and methodology for the investment components of new business pricing assumptions.
- Engage with Treasury/Finance on strategic liquidity and collateral management matters.
- Provide Investment team support for the DB business.
- Prepare papers for STILF, MAC and Credit Committee forums/committees.
The key technically oriented tasks that the role is accountable for include:
- Working with Group Pricing, contribute to the annual and quarterly new business pricing exercises. This includes setting the investment yield curves for in payment and deferred payment new business.
- Monitor investment activity versus business plan and other needs.
- Working with the ALM team, maintain a framework for assessing the ALM impact of investments.
- Generally provide technical underpinning for Solvency 2 (Solvency Capital Requirement and Fundamental Spread), IFRS balance sheet and liquidity impacts of investment activity.
- Maintain the investment hurdles that determine the return we expect on investments.
- Provide actuarial assistance to Prudent Person Principle related workstreams.
- Maintain capital and balance sheet optimisation tools.
- Maintain tools that support our assessment of asset eligibility.
- In general provide support for investment projects if which there are always a few in train at any point in time.
The experience, skills, and knowledge we are looking for:
- A first class or upper second class degree in a subject relevant to finance and/or investments.
- Progress towards actuarial qualification or CFA preferred, but not essential.
- Good modelling skills ideally in the language of VBA & Python, other languages such as R and Julia are also desirable.
- 5+ years relevant experience within Financial Services, Asset Management, Insurance Investment or Investment Consulting.
- 5+ years working knowledge of long only credit manager research and/or asset allocation and portfolio construction. Fundamental investing knowledge such as asset modelling, with the ability and interest to develop further, and investment function knowledge of a (life) assurer is desirable, but not essential.
- A Competitive Salary, Pension Scheme and Life Assurance
- Along with 25 Days Annual Leave plus an Additional Day on us for your Birthday
- Private Medical Cover and Income Protection, just in case
- A generous and highly achievable bonus scheme – paid annually based on individual and company performance against targets
- Opportunity to progress within your career both in-role and within the company
- FREE access to the Headspace App, a 24/7 Employee Assistance Helpline and Trained Physical & Mental Health First Aiders (On-Site)
- A variety of Employee Funded Benefits available to you via our Online Benefits Portal
- Plus, several additional purchase options available for you and your loved ones
We are committed to building a more sustainable business and have publicly committed to reduce our scope 3 emissions to Net Zero by 2050 and our scope 1 and 2 emissions to Net Zero by 2025. We’ve made good progress so far and encourage our people to make small and meaningful changes in their everyday lives, so that we can protect our planet for future generations.Diversity, Equity and inclusion (DE&I) is a key priority for Just as part of our overall strategy and ensuring all of our people feel proud to work at Just. We have joined a number of initiatives including the Race at Work Charter, de
signed to improve outcomes for employees from underrepresented backgrounds. We also run a Reciprocal Mentoring scheme for employees from a BAME background, those with a disability and those who identify as LGBTQ+. There are multiple employee network groups, which champion issues including race, gender, social mobility and neurodiversity.
What’s clear about working at Just is that we care. We care about our customers, our purpose, our environment, inclusivity, wellbeing and most importantly - each other.Apply Now