At Just we are recruiting for our future and we currently have a great opportunity available to join our Capital Management area of the business as Head of Capital Solution based from our London office.
This is a fundamental role here at Just and you will have a key role to play in our continued success by supporting the Director of Capital Management and the Deputy CEO to manage the capital position of the Group, as well as leading and managing a team of 3 experienced actuaries.
You will develop and maintain the medium term capital plan for our regulated insurance entities and the Group including an up-to-date view on actions available to improve the Group’s capital position. You will also Lead & support activity in relation to the assessment and implementation of strategic and tactical initiatives to improve the Group’s capital position.
You will also develop, maintain and roll out the Group capital allocation framework along with assessing the capital implications of Group projects, identifying risks, issues and opportunities that could impact the capital position whilst supporting Project Owners to ensure projects are implemented in a capital efficient way.
Finally you’ll control the implementation of first line validation activities in accordance with the validation framework and aid appropriate action in response to validation findings. You will also facilitate meetings with external parties i.e. banks and reinsurers to identify and implement capital management initiatives.
Skills we are looking for
• Qualified Actuary or relevant professional experience
• Strong technical and analytical skills with proven experience and deep knowledge of Solvency II is essential.
• Proven track record in decision making, able to assess materiality of issues and determine appropriate course of action
• Previous experience of Capital Optimisation, ALM and/or transactions would be an advantage.
• Leadership and influencing skills
• Excellent problem analysis and resolution skills
• Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to present complex financial concepts in a clear and concise manner.
• Understanding of the products and services provided by the Group.