At Just, we are recruiting for our future and we currently have two exciting opportunities to join our Defined Benefits team as Actuarial Analysts on a permanent basis from either our Reigate or London offices.
The main purpose of the role is to undertake pricing and actuarial input required to support delivery of the Defined Benefit (DB) Business Plan. This will include all aspects of BAU delivery and other ad hoc requirements.
This would be the perfect role for someone who is a recent graduate or is early into their Actuarial career and looking to specialise in or gain further exposure across an exciting and energetic business.
This role requires great initiative and you will be expected to take the lead in supporting senior DB Pricing team members. You will also need to show rich commercial acumen with an ability to communicate and build relationships across the business seamlessly.
We are also able to provide full study support to the individuals within this role to become a qualified Actuary along with great exposure across a business with ambitions as large as your own.
Day to day as an Actuarial Analyst
● Support senior DB pricing team members in accurate and timely delivery of new business quotations.
● Populate and run pricing models to calculate premiums, including manipulation of data, assumption setting and calculation of all associated pricing metrics in line with the agreed pricing basis and governance processes in place.
● Produce initial drafts of internal sign off documentation required for each quotation.
● Produce initial drafts of quotation documents to be issued externally.
● For quotes that are outsourced, work with the DB Senior Actuarial Analyst and DB Actuary to transition schemes to outsourcer and produce final deliverables for the quotation.
● Carry out all necessary BAU work for in force business.
● Support senior DB pricing team members in accurate and timely delivery of data true ups.
● Complete individual member calculations in a timely and accurate manner.
● Develop sound knowledge of all systems and tools used in DB pricing.
● Provide support in ad hoc tasks such as data analysis, proposition developments, systems testing and process improvements.
● Proactively work to promote a culture of collaboration and engagement within the DB Pricing team.
Skills we are looking for
● A first class or upper second class degree in a quantitative subject or equivalent professional experience.
● Progress towards IFoA qualification would be preferred but not essential.
● Excellent commercial acumen and technical skillset.
● Understanding of actuarial principles and techniques.
● Strong IT skills, particularly Excel.