A fantastic opportunity has arisen within our Lifetime Mortgage Underwriting Team where we are currently looking for A Lifetime Mortgage Underwriter on a permanent basis based in our Reigate office.
This is a great role which will see you reviewing and approving lifetime mortgage applications to an agreed mandate level and acting as a subject matter expert for Lifetime Mortgages in respect of acquisition, ensuring that lifetime mortgages are originated within the businesses risk appetite and in accordance with appropriate policies.
You will underwrite and approve lifetime mortgage lending within agreed mandates that represent acceptable risk within standard lending policy and recognise cases outside standard lending policy that represent an acceptable risk and make appropriate exception recommendations to the Property Underwriting team.
You will also act as a source of advice and guidance to team members, reviewing and recommending cases outside of their mandate where they believe that a mortgage request represents an acceptable case within the agreed business risk appetite.
Finally and where required you will support the processing of applications and issue of mortgage offers, providing information to the Head of Underwriting to support the development of our Lending Policy.
Skills we are looking for
• Experience of working for a Mortgage Lender, preferably holding a personal mandate to approve Mortgage Applications.
• Manual Underwriting Experience is also preferable
• Ability to make sound discretionary lending decisions within an agreed risk appetite and Lending Policy.
• Ability to coherently and accurately summarise information regarding lending and property issues and make risk based recommendations or decisions.
• Ability to mentor, train and coach others in technical areas.